Sunday, March 25, 2012

the weekend

ahhhhh... the weekend!

I mean, who doesn't love the weekend? Well, I suppose people that have to work don't. But you get where I'm coming from. The husband was off work & my Momma watched baby boy for a few hours. We had a much needed/overdue date!

So I woke up Saturday morning with a little extra pep in my step & took baby boy to Momma & Daddy's house {aka : Nana & Grandpa's house... although baby boy can't talk yet to verify that this is in fact their names}. I came back home, watched The Pioneer Woman & took a long hot shower. Then I actually dried my hair. Mommies {especially stay-at-home mommies} out there, you realize what a big deal this is. I remember the days when I used to dry my hair everyday. Get spiffed up. But now it is in a pony-tail 98% of the time because baby boy loves to tangle those long fingers of his in it & yank. HARD. What's really the point of blow-drying hair that's going straight into a ball on top of your head anyways? So after drying my hair, I put on real clothes. Not a spit-up stained t-shirt with a pair of baggy sweats. Real, cute, adult clothing. I was ready to paint the town.
{as ready to 'paint the town' as you can be at 11:15am on a Saturday}

Lunch consisted of Mexican. Yummm. I could literally eat Mexican everyday of the week. After annihilating some chips & salsa, I had flaming cheese. I am salivating right now just thinking of it! For those of ya'll who have never had flaming cheese, it is heaven on earth, covered in cheese. Chicken, steak, shrimp, onions, peppers, tomatoes all cooked together with the yummiest cheese of all time & served to you still bubbling {& sometimes flaming} still in the skillet. Yum. The husband didn't enjoy his as much as I did. As you may already know, he is from Texas. Texans prefer Tex-Mex. & we don't have any of that around here. So, I made up for it by promising him a big popcorn at the movies.

I ain't been to the show in I don't know how long. We spent twenty-two bucks & I snuck my own drink in! So expensive these days. That's probably why I don't go to the show often. The husband had eaten his popcorn & drank all of his drink before the previews even started. We watched 21 Jump Street & it was really funny. Vulgar but funny. Plus it has Channing Tatum in it.




Then we went to the grocery store & bought big juicy steaks to grill out with my folks. We had a campfire & I made my signature Corn on the Grill. I am still new to this being a blogger thing so I neglected to take any pictures. I know, right? I also got up this morning & made Cream Cheese Squares for my parents for breakfast. Did I take a single picture? Nope. 
But I promise, I will get better!

 & I must toot my own horn a bit & say that those Cream Cheese Squares were de-lic-ioussss. We were basically burned our mouths because we couldn't wait ten minutes for them to cool. Oh yeah, they're that good. A recipe tab is my goal for this evening. I should clean the house instead of working on here. It is a mess... But hey! I guess that's kinda my thing now, huh? Sounds like a good excuse to me!

 {colby} 



No comments:

Post a Comment