Friday, March 23, 2012

my first post!

Hey ya'll!

I have been promising my husband for weeks now that I would follow my dream to start my own blog and now, I've DONE it! I'm so excited!

I will be learning as I go here, so bare with me! {or is it bear with me?}

After much thought, I titled my blog Bless This Mess! because most of the times our lives feel like "organized chaos " minus the organization!

The house is a wreck 87% of the time.
I usually always have spit-up on me.
The dog sheds.
Did I shower today?
Did I shower yesterday?

These are just a few of the many messes in our lives. But you know what? I wouldn't trade a minute of it! Our family motto is "We may not have it all together, but together we have it all".

{PS -- expect to hear many of my southernisms}

My goals are for this blog are :

1) Chronicle our daily lives
 {our familes & friends are spread out over 1,000 miles!}

2) Since I am a stay-at-home mommy, sometimes I don't have an adult conversation all day long, so this is the perfect platform for me to share my thoughts, fears, hopes, struggles, and triumphs! So instead of hitting my husband with a thousand random & {sometimes} pointless thoughts as soon as he walks in the door from a long day at work,
 I can hit you with them!
Brilliant, right?


and last but not least...


3) This will be my creative outlet. My hobby, if you will. I can set goals for myself. Tackle projects. I've always felt that you're more likely to succeed at something {no matter what it is} if you share it with someone.

So join me on this journey! I promise, it will be entertaining!

{colby}

No comments:

Post a Comment