Tuesday, March 27, 2012

goin' bananas

I thought today I would practice taking detailed pictures of things & blogging about it,
so my test subject is
{ drumroll, please... }

bananas

I just love 'em. When I was expecting baby boy, I absolutely could not get enough of them. I had bananas for breakfast. I had bananas for lunch. I even hoarded them in my purse for those nasty afternoon sinking spells. Heck, my nick name as a child was Colby-Nanner.
So let's just say me + bananas, we go way back.

So this brings me to my question. Have you ever eaten a banana sandwich?
Just in case you've lived a sheltered life & haven't ever enjoyed one of the best sandwiches on earth, I am going to show you how-to make one.

Start with some loaf bread. I prefer white bread for this sandwich.



Then add a good slathering of mayonnaise. That's right, I said slathering. & I love Bama mayo. Pretty sure you can only get it in the South. When I lived in Texas, I pretty much had my Momma send me a jar every month. It is so much better than any other mayonnaise on the planet. Don't judge me. Hey, it's Bama light, that means you can use twice as much. Right?



Now for our ingredient of the day. Bananas! Take one of these bad boys & slice it up into little bite-sized, circle shaped pieces.



See? Place the banana pieces on one side of your slathered bread.
{ hint : I add a pinch of salt at this point. Gives it a little extra zing. }



Close the sandwich up & slice it in half. Now, here comes the great sandwich debate. Rectangles or Triangles? I slice my sandwiches sliced diagonally. Growing up, Momma always sliced mine on an angle, so I guess this is my way of rebelling. But I like symmetry. Symmetry makes me happy.
 { I'm silly, trust me, I know. }



Now pair that perfectly prepared sandwich with an ice-cold Diet Coke & your chip of choice
 & you've got yourself one heck of a lunch!
{I chose pretzels 'cause I am trying to cut back on my calories, as evidenced in my use of Bama light mayo} & feel free to substitute the massive amount of mayo with peanut butter or even some marshmallow fluff.

Well, was that a good "How-To"? I'd like to think so. I would like to give a shout-out to my lovely assistant on this project.





Miss Jackie. I paid her in banana slices. She didn't really like them, but she felt like she was getting something she wasn't suppost to, so she gobbled them right up.

& to keep with today's theme of 
bananas




Sweet baby boy will be trying bananas for the first time today! I think he will probably take after his mother & devour them. Well, if you've seen a picture of baby boy
{ check out the About Me section }
then you are probably thinking that it looks like he devours everything I put to his lips. He is my little chunky monkey. Ha! Get it? Monkey? Bananas? Sorry, I get carried away at times. It's the only child in me.

But for now he is napping. & there is a giant laundry basket lurking in my living room floor.


Eeekkkk!
Okay, I'm going to tackle this mess.
No more monkey business.
Ha! :)


{colby}

1 comment:

  1. Hi, My name is Kim, I have a PF blog. I just stumbled onto this and I love your back drop. You need to sneak around and find blogs you like and then comment and join them. They will look back and comment and join yours. Soon you will have a group of people that have common interests and you will share them. I love the voice of your blog and I am sure you will be successful. You have a lovely little boy.

    ReplyDelete